This blog is following the creation of two giant paintings I am working on called Young Saints & Old Martyrs.
The paintings will face each other with the viewer in the middle. This activates the space between the paintings, giving it a third dimensional quality. The painting is commentary on the history of religious and theological thought, and how it affects the current generations.

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

A DOCUMENTARY

Follow this link to see the Young Saints and Old Martyrs Documentary.

I must be the most un-important person that ever had a documentary made about them.  Hawk Zatar from Spiral of Life Studios came in to the studio a couple times a week to film the process and progress of the paintings.  He started filming from the day I hung the canvas' on the wall up until about the half way point.  It was nice having a weekly visitor at the studio.  After a few 16 hour days of painting by myself, the company was appriciated.  It kept me sane I think. 

It was interesting wathching a documentary about a painting I was still working on, and am still working on!  It made the concept fresh in my mind again and has been a great motivator to push to fininish the painting.  I have eight days to finish....

No comments:

Post a Comment