This blog is following the creation of two giant paintings I am working on called Young Saints & Old Martyrs.
The paintings will face each other with the viewer in the middle. This activates the space between the paintings, giving it a third dimensional quality. The painting is commentary on the history of religious and theological thought, and how it affects the current generations.

Thursday, August 18, 2011

DONE

I finished the paintings at 6am the morning of the 16th of August.  Back when I started in April, my goal was to finish by the 15th of August so the paintings would have enough time to dry before I had to take them off the stretcher bars and roll them up.  It took working 15 to 20 hours a day to reach the goal.  I am tired now and feel like I have aged 15 years.  But I am so happy with the paintings.  I haven't updated the blog on the progress too much on account that I was either asleep or painting over the last 4 months.  But I did take pics and I will start adding posts of the progress pics I took.  This next group of pictures were taken by my friend Cassidy Stanton.  See her facebook page here.  Thanks Cass!







No comments:

Post a Comment